Friday, February 25, 2005

You know, this blogging is fabulous...

Hi all,
I got the sweetest email from another blogger...he just emailed me and asked where I was seeing as I hadn't blogged since Vday. I was really touched. Thanks for thinking of me!
Things out here in Boston are ok...my 'final' interview is set for next Wednesday and I'm pretty jazzed about it. My time here at the job I currently have is coming to a close and fast. I'm trying to maintain a good attitude but it's hard - it's hard when you know that something else is out there (here's that word again) 'waiting' for you.
I've also been up to my eyeballs preparing for my best friend's wedding. It'll be the 14th wedding I've been in over the course of my long 34 years of life...but my first as MOH!!! I honestly can't wait...I love this friend as though she was closer than a sister. I could not imagine these last nine years without her. Yes, this friend and I have been roomies for the last NINE years - if her wedding had been in September, we would have made a full 10. Anywho, I've got a zillion things cooking on that stove. Projects here, appointments there, a shower to put together!!! Thankfully my other absolute love is event planning - and weddings top that list of events! (More on how I'm dealing with my roomie getting married and leaving me high & dry later...hee, hee, hee.)
Back to my subject line...seriously...I hadn't blogged in years when I came across this blog by a person who was about to leave her home in Canada to start med school in Grenada. It was fabulous - people who commented on her blog were so supportive and the actual blog that Samira writes is just so real. I feel like I'm practically 'friends' with this person knowing full well, we may never meet. Then, after getting back into the blog realm...I realize that there WAS a blog I was a part of with some great friends of mine I met while in college. I've reconnected to that blog and it's just great - almost feels like the 'old times'. And this all leads me to what inspired me to write this blog...'ordinary dad', thanks for emailing me to check up on me. To think there's this 'vitual family', if you will, that's out there looking out for each other - it's just a beautiful thing. Hope all my 'brothers & sisters' have a wonderful weekend and, in case you wondering, I'm doing just fine....xoxox

2 Comments:

Blogger slow poke kate said...

Hi Adrianne!

Thank you so much for your encouraging email! I cannot express to you how much I appreciated what you had to say. Best of all, to a complete stranger! It really is amazing how one can run across someone words and relate to them in great amounts. I will be in touch with you no doubt. Again, thanks for the email and come by and visit my site at anytime! Comments are always loved and welcomed!
Blessings,
Amanda aka. Island Girl

6:28 PM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

I've been blown away by the support I've found through blogging. After trying a few different chat rooms (and I DO mean just a FEW) I always thought people on the net were 100% snarky, crude, and foul mouthed. I had no idea there were such wonderful souls out there, and I am so happy to have found them.

14 weddings?! Wow girl! You must be loved.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home