Sunday, March 06, 2005

Sunday nights...

Goodness, it's been awhile since I was here! Sorry for taking so long...life has been the usual crazy time it tends to be. Wedding plans for my roomie are in high gear...as with most weddings the crud that goes on could be it's OWN blog so I'll keep that part brief: I love to plan weddings. Love to with all my heart. My dilemma is if someone realllllly doesn't enjoy planning it, let someone who does work it! I don't mean make all the decisions but I could be doing a heck of a lot more than I am so that frustrates me for my roomie...I think she feels like she needs to take it all on and well, I wish she wouldn't. Don't get me wrong - I've offered and she's taken me up on some things (ie - the last two Saturdays I've been exhausted from all the running around we've been doing) but hey, June will come and her day will be fabulous so I'll just keep focusing on that:)
Plans to hit Texas again are finalized. On what would have been my 'anniversary' with my ex (oh, how CHEESEY that sounds) my two best buds & I are flying down to the ol' Yellow Rose to see my third best bud. All college roomies getting together before my roomie's wedding...two are married with kids (all absolutely adorable, almost impossible to stand!) and then there's my roomie who is headed toward matrimonial bliss in a little over three months - and then there's me. Another relationship that just 'didn't work out'....not that I secretly longed for it to...when we ended it, boy, were we ever on the same page and both in agreement. It's just that I remember back to when we were finishing college and everyone thought that I would SO be the first down that blissful aisle...HA! My life has looked more like I'm running to avoid it! (ok, no psychotherapy here, I'm not trying to avoid it, really.) We just never know what our lives are going to end up looking like....for me, where I am now, was never in the initial set of cards I thought had been handed to me. But that's ok...meaning, I'm ok.
I was having an absolutely wonderful convo with a girlfriend of mine about how thankful I am for the super husbands my married girlfriends have. Honestly, I'm thrilled for them...I think because each man is so 'perfectly' suited for the woman he is married to...my friend (let's name her Kate) said how one of her married friends sometimes says (when she's ticked at her hubby) how Kate can have him. Kate replies, ah, no...I'd kill him. And it struck such a cord for us! That's it! When it's 'the one' for us, we may want to 'give him away for awhile' but we couldn't imagine life without him...when it's not right, murderous thoughts creep in...hee hee hee.
So it's Sunday night and this is what I tend to end up doing...letting my thoughts take me places that I don't always get to Monday - Friday...hope you have a blessed week and btw, I've opened up my comments to receive non-bloggers, so please, comment away! :) Take care!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cookie,
Glad to see you back in the blogosphere and that you opened up comments to us non-blogspotters.

You are right on when you say we just don't know what our lives will look like, and often it is far from what we hoped for. But with God's strength we make the best of what we're given and are sometimes pleasantly surprised by where we end up. Usually takes hindsight to see it that way, though, so I'll remind you of that after your perfect match arrives.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Sure Cookie I'd love to interview you! You're right I don't know you too well but I know I've been here before and I've seen you on my site before so I'll just snoop around a bit and see what questions I can come up with :) .

Isn't it funny how life turns out exactly different than you thought it would? I completely agree with OD, he has such a way with words.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home