Thursday, July 07, 2005

The attack on London..

is just so unbelievable. I'm a bit thrown by all this. Before leaving for work this morning I caught the clip of Tony Blair speaking while still in Scotland with the leaders at the G8 summit standing behind him - it just made an impact on me.
9/11 was unimaginable - it still is. But to have walked through that and know that this attack, like others that have followed 9/11, are tragically effecting lives...my heart just breaks.
Due to my last relationship, I've visited London quite a few times and have many friends and acquaintance there. Prayer is obviously the greatest weapon I have right now but I did contact my ex to ask him to let me know once he hears anything. We're still emailing so I felt comfortable asking...and he knows how much I care about the mutual friends we had and his family.
The eery thing is - his sister is getting married and it may very well be this week -if J and I were still together, we'd be there - in the heart of London. Wow. The things you remember when tragedy strikes.
Sorry this is so rambly...my thoughts are pretty much all over the place. But my heart is in London right now...hoping for the healing that is needed now more than ever.
I love this Colossians 3 passage:
"12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Amen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Edgy Mama said...

I'm sad, disheartened, and ANGRY. I lived there and have lots of friends there as well. As far as I can tell, all are okay.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's so hard to watch another country go through this again. it breaks your heart.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I love that scripture! I too am so saddened by the terrorist activity in London, in Iraq, all over the world.

God is in control, nothing happens that He is not aware up and He works all things out for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Great Verse! Thanks for sharing!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayer is the greatest weapon??
Come on, WAKE UP!
Religion IS the reason for all this!
GOD is responsible and GOD doesn't even exist outside of ignorant human minds.
Death to ALL MUSLIMS! That's the answer.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God will stay in control all the way. He has given the answer for sin and evil deeds, He gave his son. so the solution is there for everybody, who dares to give the control to Jesus.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home