Friday, July 01, 2005

and then she let out an audible sigh.....

Oh how relieved I am...the tux shop came through for us, my friends...after an incredible week of playing voicemail tag, the district manager FINALLY called me at work this morning and he basically did everything I wanted him to. I can honestly let out a definite sigh of relief knowing this was all taken care of before the bride and groom return from their honeymoon! Groomsmen who were charged incorrectly are getting a refund, one groomsman who was charged DOUBLE is getting a hefty refund and the groom (who initially wanted to pay for his so that the price for his groomsmens' tuxes would be less) is getting his for free. The DM is also sending me gift certificates for the guys for future rentals and/or purchases! I tell ya - it's all about the polite, squeeky wheel getting the grease....
'Classic Tux' is the store, btw - everything would have gone beautifully, I'm sure, if it hadn't been for the fact that the manager of the particular store that we worked with hadn't QUIT just days before the wedding. Oh well, the groom got his for free and people are being refunded...I can sleep easy now. Anyone need help getting things straightened out with a vendor? Give me a buzz...if you're from the Boston area - Hank Philipi Ryan would like me to work for her! (Channel seven news shout out!)

So last night I went over to the new bride & grooms' pad...made sure all their gifts were laid out, made sure I brought mine over!!, then I laid out a new table cloth and matching napkins for their dining room table...got a couple cutesy items from Crate & Barrel (LOVE THAT PLACE) for a festive Fourth of July centerpiece...and left a little 'welcome home' note...stocked their fridge and got 'em some snacks so they don't have to rush out to the grocery store when they return...it was fun. Like a surprise waiting to happen!

Yes, it's all so sweet of me and all that (cuz I'm sure that's what you're thinking ;) ) but if you knew these two - you'd be doing something similar for them, I'm sure as well. The bride is the epitomy of kindness and sweet friendness and the groom is so thoughtful - I'm so glad they found each other. Again, another audible sigh....

I honestly don't want to jump from all that sweet emotion to the 'what about me' tiraid that can happen for us singles after SUCH A GREAT WEDDING...it's more 'what about my incredible single friends??" (mostly female - did you hear me Eddo?)! I have some of the BEST women friends that are unattached...not even seeing someone! Personally, God's really done a work in me over the last six months (especially since my last relationship) and I'm in that 'ok contented' place again where I'm in no rush to 'get back out there' and date...but some of my friends, well, I don't know. I mean, they're waiting on God, too, and not doing anything TOO insane to 'find Mr. Right' (or Mr. Right Now) - oh, I don't know...it's not like they're not living their lives to the fullest, making sure they're making the most of every day or anything...it's just when you know someone's heart's desire and from a purely human standpoint you think that desire is not getting fulfilled...my heart just aches for them. But God knows them way better than I do and ultimately I trust God to fulfill the desires He created in them. Yeah, this patience lesson never really gets easier, does it?

See what happens when I 'find the time' to come back and blog? You get it all my friends...all the gushing emotions, the raw crud that needs releasing, the - ok, I'll dial it down a notch. Here's hoping everyone has a great Fourth of July - I'm heading to the homeland till Tuesday - I can't stinkin' wait. Maine is supposed to have the best weekend weather...I'll be thinking of you all as me and my peeps are out having lobsters by the ocean on Monday! Hope you all see some kind of firework display this weekend :) Peace out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

I love it when I see my name in a post. I didn't have time to pop by the other day, or when I did there wasn't anything new posted - but I never forget about you.

If you have so many wonderful single friends in Bean Town perhaps I need to come up there and meet some of them since they are so ready. :)

Happy Fourth!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want lobster by the ocean too!! have a great one!!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Adrianne, I'm so glad everything went so well. That WAS sweet what you did for them, I never would've thought to, and now I wish I had known for my cousin's wedding. Hoping somebody did something similar for them any way. Glad to have you back - gushing emotions and all :) silly!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home