Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Opps...BP is after me!

I've received a 'wristslap' from the BlogPatrol and I deserve it. Kinda. Blogger was wiggin' on me the last time I tried to post and I honestly didn't have the time to wait so...I apologize - will y'all ever forgive me?
I've also got this allergies/sinuses/cough/alloverfeellikepoo deal going on...the surprise shower is next SATURDAY and I.don't.have.time.for.this. AT ALL. On top of the partyplans, I've also spearheaded a memory quilt for my chum. She's going to FREAK out when she sees it. She so thinks I've got too much going on to do THAT too but, knowing how much she so sincerely wants one - how can I not? (Deal with boundry issues later)
The quilt is coming along nicely....I'm waiting for four more squares of this 20 square masterpiece. Two are in the mail, one is getting re-ironed on (FABU pic from the cruise nine of us took together getting ironed on to one square.) and one is MIA BUT I already have a backup sqaure if I need it. Knowing how much P is going to WEEP tears of joy and appreciation makes all the covert ops I've been juggling these last weeks worth it. :)
If you are reading this and thinking 'what the hay is she talking about' - think of a quilt and how it is usually made up of various (or very similar) blocks or squares. A memory quilt is when individuals design, create, sewn, put together in a VARIETY of ways one simple square (ours are each 12.5" big). The square you design should exemplify something of your personal connect to the person the quilt is for. Then some poor shmuk puts the badboy all together. In this case it's me and my quilting buddy, K. She is FABU and made staying up till midnight last Saturday SO worth it.
See? Everyone should get a memory quilt...they are seriously incredible...for me it goes back to the whole idea of each person taking TIME to think of what they'll do, then taking TIME to actually create the square. It truly is a gift of themselves presented to this person :) Bliss.
So my life is pretty much wrapped up in guests lists, menu options, centerpieces, favors...I love it. I'll share more once I can attribute the TIME I should to you wonderful bloggers out there...I hate to just give you scraps. ;)

Another tidbit before I go...Thursday night P and her fiance' invited me and 1 Guy to the 'taste-testing meal' at the country club where they're having the reception...it's a little thank you from the club. I'll let you know if 1 Guy and I chat about anything important. He told me the night of Cinco De Mayo that the woman that he was 'friends with'told me she wanted more and he doesn't. (I had told him WAY earlier that I knew that was her agenda but does he listen? No.) He asked me about my ex and if we're keeping in touch (no, not really) and that was that. Things are ok right now so we'll see how Thursday night goes :) Seeing as this club has 'membership rules' we have to get all guzzied up for it...no jeans! Heeheehee...
take care!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Hey I didn't know you were a quilter! Me too, at least I used to be when I had this thing called free time a.k.a. before children! Sweet!

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home