Thursday, April 21, 2005

Another shoutout to blogdom...

Can I just say how amazing you guys are....I could list you all but hopefully you know...over the last couple days I've been so blessed by some 'virtual friends' with their openness, encouragement, faithfulness, oh, I could on. And those of you that answered my 'close to God' post - how great. Just wanted to love on you all a little...I'll try to visit your blogs and thank you individually :)

So I got the pseudo final word on my 'dream job'. I say pseudo because they are hiring me but we don't know exactly for what or for how long. Can I just say - welcome to my crazy world. I'm supposed to meet with my buddy (my wouldbeboss) soon and I'm basically asking for SOMETHING to be carved in stone. I'm not used to this ... for most of my 'career' I've been in fulltime ministry with the emphasis on serving...not really looking out for me - God's got my back so I don't need to worry, right? Well, I think God's allowed me some time to process (hence waiting for almost two months to hear about the school's decision to hire me!) and He's helped me realize that there is truly 'more to this life' (a little SCC reference here) than 'slaving away' at my place of employment. I'm getting the vibe that they (the place that's 'hiring' me) are expecting me to do the job of 4-5 people...I've been there, certainly done it. Don't know if I want to go back.

Please pray for a godly, timely decision on my part...I trust God's going to 'show me the way' to go but I'm sure you know what I mean when you feel those doubts creep in and the path is obscured with shadows and obstacles we put there ourselves.

Thanks guys...you're fabulous! Have a super Thursday!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, there's more to this life, than living and dying... You so got that song stuck in my head!

And I think it is great that you are "trusting in the lord with all your heart and leaning not on your own understanding!"

It will all work out, so don't be anxious but in everything by prayer and supplication make your requests known!

ha, I just thought I would get really scriptural on this comment... I didn't mean to sound preachy.

Thanks for stopping by posted note and saying the nice things about my writing!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I will pray about your job. What exactly is it you do?

1:48 PM  
Blogger slow poke kate said...

lots of love, prayers and good vibes going out to you!! Best of luck!

by the way, thanks for reminding me of your blog address! I already have you linked, but didn't know you by your first name! heheh sorry about that!

xx

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will be praying for you! It sounds good, yet a little up in the air. But, you're right, God knows what's going on so you don't have to worry!! (easier said than done, I know :)

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is necessary to point out that the existential blogging moment of yesterday had absolutely nothing to do with the whole backlash phenomenon in other corners. Nope, sorry to disappoint for lack of intended effect, but no dice baby. This is more of a general malaise that occurs frequently, but something always causes me to return

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you. Thanks for the love :) . I am praying for you - that things will be clear and you'll be able to make the decisions you need to. At least you know you don't 'have' to if you choose not to.

PS Is that a spam comment above me?

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home