Monday, April 04, 2005

Bridal Show #2

Sunday, April 3rd, 2005. Somehow I won another set of tickets for another bridal show this spring. This one had free chowder, cake, wine. Fabu. The only downside to the event was that my roomie and I didn't win anything in the raffle at the end.:(

This bridal show took place at a diamond store, too, so that was a little different. We looked at rings (yeah, my roomie STILL doesn't have an engagement ring yet - I REALLY can't go there) & wedding bands. She's really grooving on a Scott Key ring (GREAT ring designer, in case you haven't heard of him) and we got into this terrific talk with his representative. Yes, it even lead to a discussion of his love of the Boston and how he and Scott argue over the best baseball team - he for the RED SOX and Scott for the Yankees. Oh please, like there needs to be an agrument!

The fashion show was hysterical...my roomie and I had our own personal commentary the entire time. Some of the most beautiful & ugliest dresses I've ever seen were on that badboy runway! And the woman MCing - she could be the stand-in voice for the Wicked Witch of the West in 'The Wizard of Oz' ~ seriously!

All in all, it was ok...the OTHER show we went to back in January was a blast - it was HUGE and at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston. There was a little of everything there - vendors for almost anything you could imagine! I was slightly bummed due to the fact that there were no chocolate fountains!

Gotta run - I'm trying to pucnh out my '100 list'!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at a diamond store!! how fun is that? sure sounds great, I've been trying to get my sister to get her name in some of these things so she can take me to something like this!! and a chocolate fountain would be amazing.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No chocolate fountain?! Are you kidding me?! I'll meet you at the chocolate fountain any way ;).

I just came to read your latest post and scrolled down and couldn't believe all the posts I'd missed!! I KNOW I've checked on you since Monday so either my eyes are fooling me or somehow they weren't showing up. Any way, catching up now.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home