Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Talking through windows...

It finally happened. You know all those times you're driving along in your car (this wouldn't apply to motorcycles, OD - at least I don't think so) and something happens that causes you to say something outloud about it. I try to avoid the expletives (with everything within me I try!) but I'll be known to say, "OK LADY WITH THE DEATH WISH!" or something like "BOOB WITH THE CELL PHONE!"

Anywho - today I'm leaving the parking lot of the plaza that has the closest post office near my office. I'm waiting third in line at the red light to exit. Now a little background - this is the WEIRDEST parking lot - it's a 'one way' lot. You enter, turn right and go around in a circle until you hit the exit (where you came in). Leave it to some New Englander that thought that genius traffic pattern up.

ANYWAY - remember, I'm waiting at the red light behind two other cars when a car enters AND TURNS LEFT! As she (sadly my female blog friends, it was she - giving women like us a bad name.) was approaching my vehicle (and by approaching I mean 2.5 centimeters away from me!) I flat out say, "You're going the wrong way. You're supposed to turn right." Now, if anyone read my comment on OD's site, today is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous in Boston so OF COURSE ALL OUR CAR WINDOWS ARE DOWN, seeing as it feels like the longest winter since 19whatever. Even though my music was ablarin' (so groovin' to the song 'Collide' by a guy from MAINE - woohoo!) the female driving freak HEARD ME!

I was mortified but not as mortified as she was. She looked at me so apologetically and so I, now aware that my words met her ears, say, "Yeah, you're supposed to go the other way or it's going to be a little tight." (said as nicely as possible.) Well the light goes green (thank God for little miracles) and I bolted. I checked in the rearview and she just stayed put until we all cleared out of her way - poor thing.

So there. It finally happened to me. I said something THINKING I was in my protective bubble when alas, my bubble was burst. Thank goodness there wasn't a road rage episode! :)

Pleasant Wednesday wishes....one more wakeup before SCC bliss. And btw - I won a concert prize pack from the radio station sponsoring the tour up in Portland - SWEET!
Anyone need a SCC CD? I'm thinking I'll have extras! Let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Oooh I'd love, love a Cd - if indeed you do have a spare one.

I am so with you on that thank God it wasn't anything worse! Could you imagine?! I bet she was so glad it was something nice you said. I might've been a little more explicit as in, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING. Thank God for green lights at the perfect time.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the not paying attention thing to a new level today (I'd hate to think what you might yell at me).

Diet Coke from BK on the seat between my legs, slice of cheese cake on my leg, fork in one hand and cell phone with camera in other hand (I had to get a picture, but I can't get the pic off the camera).

Cheese cake was mmmm mmmm good!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home