Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Short & sweet...

My Easter weekend was short & sweet (and not JUST because of the Easter candy!)...I haven't had that nice a weekend at home in quite awhile. Either I was struggling with my own personal crap or still wrestling with sadness over my brother-in-law's passing - it's just been strange.
But not this past weekend - it was the old comfortable, oh I'm at home and so happy visit...even though Friday was my ex's birthday as well as the one year anniversary of my BIL's death - the whole weekend was marked with very fun and memorable moments.
I'm sure at some point I'll bore you with the details but one specific highlight for me was Saturday morning. My folks take care of setting up the flowers at our church so they were off pretty early doing that....meanwhile I'm waking up with my cup o'joe and my aunt calls. This is the aunt I'm named for - my middle name. I'm my parent's youngest and this aunt is my mom's youngest sister - cute, huh? Actually, I think we're a lot alike. Yikes.
Auntie calls and we're on the phone forever...good thing is, I really enjoy her storytelling and her sense of humor...once we're done chatting, mom & dad get home and I go the beach for my first outdoor run. I've been running on a treadmill for the last couple months at the gym and found that I really love it! Due to a couple injuries while I was growing up, I wasn't the athletic type in hs although I wanted to be - at 5'11", I LOVED playing basketball. Anywho - I've now got this running bug and on the beach Saturday - I was jonesing.
I ran barefoot (stupid possibly but I can't do beaches with any kind of shoe apparel on)and although the ocean was EXTREMELY cold (yes, numbness set in for a bit) and my bra wasn't quite doing it's job as well as I'd hoped...I ran across the beach twice. (May sound impressive but you don't know the length of the beach! I'll keep actual distance to myself ;) ) It was great...I was really able to clear my head and let some things that had been bogging me down lately go. What a great way for me to 'kick off' springtime.
After a rousing Longaberger party with my mom and sisters (oh so another blog topic) that night my nephew came home to hang out with his WAY COOL aunt :) and we went 'up town' (yes, where my folks are in Maine now - it's a 20 minute drive to the nearest 'city') to get something to eat and find a flick to watch. (FYI - my nephew may very well be the next Bill Gates - he finishes school this summer - watch out BG!) We brought home 'Cellular' - not too bad a flick, so glad we rented it and didn't fork out major $ to see it ;) Overall, a great day.
Easter Sunday was memorable too...my sister and I cried some during the sermon - sometimes you just miss the person so much, even after a year it feels like yesterday and I know I can't begin to imagine what she's going through - we had a big ol' Sunday lunch together (only about 1/3 of the fam got together - about 15 of us-it was still fab) and just enjoyed each other's company.
I headed home Sunday evening and had to stop by a friend's house to drop off a recommendation letter for her daughter (love writing those, to 'brag on' a young person who deserves whatever it is I'm recommending them for) and my friend and I ended up talking for over three hours...it was just wonderful. I was tres tired yesterday (hence no blogging) but it was all worth it.
I've still got some doodoo to figure out but after this past weekend, I've been reminded yet again of Who is ultimately in control and in Whom my trust lies. I have so much to be grateful for...ok, anyone got any crackers for my cheese?
Have a super week...
ps - only two more wake-ups till SCC!!! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Sounds like a busy, enjoyable weekend. That run on the beach sounds so nice. Ahh to be able to do that without having to carry a three year old in one arm. Ahem. Any way sounds like a very bittersweet Easter, I'm glad you were all together.

So excited for your concert! Can't wait to hear how much fun it is!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHE LIVES!!!

Welcome home, Adrianne! Ok, you have a couple stories to tell.

5'11". What's your prference on heels? Has the height ever been a problem with slightly shorter or more insecure guys? Or do you only date taller men?

BIL. What happened? Have you written about this before?

Parents in their late 70s and you are the youngest. How many sibs do you have and what's the age range (feel free not to answer that if I'm gettin too personal)? Are you all east coasters?

Also curious how you know psd.

And about boring us...try. :)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home