Friday, March 11, 2005

My PSD Interview!!

Yes, here they are...the answers you've all been waiting for :) Boy, PSD - these were great ??? and the best part in answering them were the many smiles that came to my face as I reflected over them...wooohooo! OK - here we go!
Questions for Adrianne:

1. What was your favorite wedding that you were in, and why?

Goodness, gracious this is tough. I honestly have loved every wedding I’ve been blessed to be a part of – all 13! My roomie’s will be 14 in June so that one could overtake the top spot but for now… It would have to be my girlfriend, Jennie’s wedding. This one was second in my literal year of ‘Four Weddings and A Funeral’ (Yes, I was in four weddings in one year and my great aunt died at 107 years of age. 1996 was a doozy of a year.) If you’ve read my blog about Ellen and Bets – Bets is Jennie’s mom and we just had such an incredible time not only kickin’ up our heels at the reception – but the whole process of preparing for the day was just fab. Jennie, her hubby, and I were all great friends in college and the entire day was a wonderful picture of those we love coming together to celebrate this terrific couple we want to support and encourage for the rest of our lives.
During the reception friends from college were meeting friends of Jennie’s childhood and the kicker was there were all these private jokes that has spread over both groups…the hilarity was when different peeps from both groups realized they were all laughing at the same thing…pantwettingly funny.
It breaks my heart when I hear of people who loose touch with those they had in their wedding parties…I’m in touch with most of those I’ve stood up with and I think that’s so important. I was there to witness something so meaningful – I want them to know I take that responsibility seriously J
(I could create a whole separate blog universe on my opinions/emotions/random thoughts on weddings – could you tell?)

2. What is your favorite memory from college?

For the love of all things good & righteous…the kicker to this question is that my memory from college (yes, still exists!) is such a combination of the time period, the people, and the places…to pick just one out wouldn’t be fair to you, the reader! I was very fortunate to have had an absolute fabulous experience in college…my friends render me speechless they are so well, GREAT!
Here’s a quickie: By junior year my friend, D and I had not only firmly established our friendship but also the fact that the back row in our education classes were ‘ours’. When our junior year began we basically sucked P into this row cuz we thought P was the bees’ knees…so one day during an especially boring lecture I kept poking Matt, the guy in front of me with my pen. He was one of the few, the proud, the brave male ed. majors in our class. He was also hysterical and P had a bit of a crush on him. I was just buggin’ him cuz I was bored…so what does he do? After the 1,000th poke from me (and he knew it was from me) he makes this grand gesture of turning around, semi-standing, and says, ‘P! WILL YOU STOP POKING ME!’ just as a total joke. I almost fall out of my seat, as does D BUT…P is MORTIFIED…we know this because the girl can not handle any kind of attention (especially THAT kind) without turning the BRIGHTEST shade of red you have ever seen…I think she stayed that red for most of the day after that. Oddly enough, the professor never said anything nor did really, any of our classmates…it was like the four of us had this burst of laughter and redness and that was it.
(After rereading this, if I were you, I’d be thinking…wow – this is ALL you can remember? I’ll just have to blog about some other wonderful memories…J )

3. What kind of things does your 'dream job' involve, and, are you doing that?

I was going to wait to purge all about this dream job I’ve been hinting at but, what the hay – might as well spill….this college that my posse and I met at and loved so much…they’re searching for a new Director of Alumni & Parent Relations. Hello me. I would love to go back and give back to this college. I had many a life-changing experience there and to know I could contribute to that environment for future grads to have a similar experience AND to help alums recognize the place that helped them ‘get their start’ – oh, I could gush for awhile on this. Instead I’ll just say it would combine event planning (LOVE THIS) with a team of people I respect and treasure. Hopefully I’ll know the outcome of this by midApril.

4. Where would your 'dream house' be and what would it look like?

Maine is my homestate so I would love to go back someday to a house on the coast…but here’s a little insight into me that honestly, I’ve only figured out in the last year or two (during my last relationship). It is hard for me to decide something like what this question is asking solely on my own. Why you ask? It’s not that I’m indecisive – actually, not at all. It’s more that I have always believed that my future dream home will be occupied by more than just me and if that’s the case, my ‘dream home’ will only be dreamy if it’s based on the collective dreams of all the peeps living there….ie – my future hubby and me. Seeing as he’s not in my ‘viewfinder’ at the present moment the one thing I KNOW I would like to have is the whole wrap around porch… a veranda is a musthave.
(please note the quick jump over psychoanalyzing my latest insight into self – I so need to wait on that one.)

5. All your blogger friends are in town, you've got bundles of money, it's a night out on the town, where do you go and what do you do?

Could this be a self-serving question, PSD? Hee hee hee…
Alright, we’d start with a yummy meal at “The Top Of The Hub” which is located on the top of the Prudential Center in Boston. FAB views of our fair city, Boston, as well as some of Cambridge…the food is delish, too. I’d love to hit a ‘Boston Broadway’ show…just saw ‘The Lion King’ last month – it was terrific! Maybe Phantom would still be here, or The Blue Man group? Then we could head over to Charlestown near where Old Ironsides is to hit ‘Olives’ – an amazing Todd English restaurant that was actually visited by the winning women’s team on ‘The Apprentice’ last season. There are some clubs to visit too but I’m pretty much out of that realm, being the oldie goldie I am now J
If peeps were still here the next day, we’d HAVE to take a Duck Tour around the city, too! The Ducks go from land travel, right into the Charles River and back out again…gotta love those amphibious vehicles!
Hope y'all enjoy the reading! Have a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

I wrote this yesterday when I read your answers but Blogger wouldn't let me comment for the life of me, so here it is today :) - hope your day is going fabulously!

I'm totally with you on weddings being so important, and the people there as well. That's awesome that you stay in touch with those people and support their marriage, that is a true friend, and truely what should be, that's why people are there to witness it in the first place!

You know what it's the silliest most private things that we remember the most, that stand out the most in our minds. And that was a hilarious one to remember!

Oooh oooh oooh *crossing fingers* that you get the job. That sounds so perfect for you, nobody could do it better!

Wraparound porch? Aaaahhh. And the psycho-analyzing? So has to be at appropriate times, I would know ;).

*LOL* well maybe, just maybe...it does sound like an amazing evening! (and so glad you are out of the club scene). And those duck things? Sound like a blast, my boys would love 'em. For that I'll stay the night : ) .

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home