Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Help...and more help.

I'm so blogworld dumb. How do you put links in your posts?
I've been checking out some peeps blogs and have been THOROUGHLY impressed... and not to mention the people out there not liking blogger right now (not surprised). People are so stinkin' creative; it's so fun to read & check up on this 'virtual family'.....
I just read a blog about the whole question about whether or not you tell your friends about your blog. Honestly, I'm the type of person who could never write something down and not be able to share with everyone - even my mom! So I guess that isn't the issue for me - 'OH, I wrote something horrid about so and so so HE CAN'T read my blog...' Nope, that's not me. (probably because my incredibly wise mother taught me to never put something in print that I wouldn't want 'getting out'!) It's more like I feel like this blog is my 'private space'...I'm a pretty open person so if I'm feeling something or going through something, I share it. I think where I'm going with this is, this virtual realm is for me to go a little deeper and not have my literal world here know about it....make sense?
Why do you blog?

4 Comments:

Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

I'm pretty much the same way. I'm not going to write anything horrible about people, but I am going to go deeper into why I feel the way I do about everything around me, and how I feel about it. And I'm not just open to critiscm on that. Even if it's not something bad.

Here's how you put a link in your posts:

[a href=http://www.yourwebaddresshere.com]Whatever wording you'd like to highlight[/a]

Only instead of these [ ] weird things use these < > - it wouldn't let me use them because it will recognize as a link and not show you the code. Usually whatever I'm trying to link to I just copy and paste the address where I need to.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Hehe we were posting at the same time on each other's sites. I replied in my comments to your question about Haloscan, let me know if I can be more specific.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At some level I think it's for the warm fuzzies when somebody else comments positively on what you wrote. Kind of like the bumper sticker, "I brake for...", but mine is "I Blog For Ego Stroking". The other benefit is that if people don't think your a psycho stalker, they might invite you out for lunch if you travel to their hometown.

5:51 PM  
Blogger The Dummy said...

Anonymity is good, but as people get to know you through your blog name, you might start noticing a difference, because then, your anonymity is identifiable. It's hard to escape even from anonymity sometimes.

As for those links, Pink's got it! I thought you might have been talking about Blogrolls and stuff, so you can visit people quicker. In that case, then I go to Blogrolling.com.

Thanks for the comments on my blog!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home