Wednesday, March 30, 2005

answers for OD :)

How do I LOVE it when peeps leave me questions in the comment realm? Seriously, I appreciate knowing that when I'm answering someone's questions, at least someone is somehow appreciating my blog :)even if it's just to satisfy a curiosity. My responses will be in the parenthesis...
Here we go:
Yes, I am 5'11". So OD asks, What's your preference on heels? (I honestly love them.) Has the height ever been a problem with slightly shorter or more insecure guys? (yes and no - for most of the relationships, I've probably been the insecure one. In one relationship where we were 'both so sure' we were marriage bound, I realized after we had broken up that I had spent over a year and half standing in a literal kind of slouch as to make it look like P was taller than me. HOW LAME was that? It was after that breakup that I FULLY embraced the beauty of heels. Even if they do mess up our hip alignment and put too much pressure on our toesies...) Or do you only date taller men? (Actually most of my boyfriends have been shorter for the mere reason that my mother only wanted me to date, and eventually marry, and man that's like 6'8"! Not that she 'cursed me' with that desire of hers cuz I don't believe in that but whenever I bring home a shorterthanme guy, I look at my mom and say, 'See what you've done?')

BIL. What happened? Have you written about this before? (Seeing as I don't remember time before having my brother-in-law D in my life, I tend to drop the 'in-law' part when I talk about him. I don't think I've blogged here about him - I've commented about D on Samira's site - which is how PSD & I met btw - gosh, I could gush on this for awhile so I'll nutshell it here:

D was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor in Feb. '95. On March 25, 2004, D went to be with Jesus, finally cancerfree. Those nine + years were an intense ride. God taught all of us quite a bit about Who He is and what exactly we're supposed to be doing down here...again, blogmaterial for another time. My sister and nephew are doing as well as can be expected. C -my sis - is an amazing woman. I truly admire her in so many ways and am so thankful that I've had her in my life to be such a godly example. My nephew, N, is the one I referred to as the next Bill Gates. He's 23 and is wonderful...simply wonderful.)


Parents in their late 70s and you are the youngest. How many sibs do you have and what's the age range (feel free not to answer that if I'm gettin too personal)? Are you all east coasters? (Let's see - There are seven girls and one boy. My brother is fifth in line so he was 'surrounded' growing up. Don't feel bad for him. He got the room by himself & all kinds of other stuff. ;) The eldest will be 56 in September and I'll be the ripe old age of 35 in July. #7 was seven when I came along so I was quite literally 'the surprise baby.' Yeah, such the surprise that when my mom was told by a cruise ship doctor that the 'rabbit died', she cried. I don't blame her - she was 40 at the time she found out. Back in 1970 and after having had SEVEN kiddos, I would have cried too. Funny how things work out - if I'm pregnant at 40 I'll be crying tears of thankfulness. Lastly, the location stats are like this: five sibs in Maine, I'm in MA, my bro's in CT, and one sister snuck out and is in FL. So, yes, we are all eastcoasters just ALL THE WAY DOWN THE COAST.:) )

Also curious how you know psd. (Did you catch that answer above?)

And about boring us...try. :) (HEY - WAKE UP! YOU'RE SNORING & THE BLOG IS OVER!)
Leave me a question - I dare you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your the baby of the family and yet you moved away. Very unusual. What drew you from ME to MA? Boyfriend, college, job?

Your eldest sib is old enough to be your parent? How does the age diff affect your relationship? Was s/he even at home when you were born?

35 isn't so old, my friend.

You up for a little on-on-one basketball? I'm not very good, and you have a couple inch height advantage, so you'd have to spot me a few points.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Hehe he DID come up with some good questions! I'm scratching my head figuring out what to ask after that, but I can't wait to see your answers to above.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home