Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Come on...it's not Tuesday already, is it?

Crazy how fast time is aflyin'...finally purchase the good ol' bridesmaid dress this weekend AND finalized plans for the infamous bridal shower on May 21st - the theme you ask? (I know you're dying for this...) "East Marries West" - my Vermonter roomie is gettin' hitched to my buddy from Sri Lanka. (In case you wondered - his family back home is fine. Their home was flooded from the tsunami but thankfully no one they knew had died or suffered terribly. Thank God.)
So...knowing that not too many of my roomie's family and even some friends that'll be there, really don't know a lot about the great country of Sri Lanka...the theme is to help lay out some info on B's homeland. I'm all about the games (aim to not make them cheesey but help pass the time) - one will focus on trivia about Sri Lanka and Vermont (from sheets that will be at the tables as guests arrive and eat). Another game is 'Couples Trivia' and then I have a 'table team' game where the peeps try and figure out a "Wedding Words Scramble"...
The other bridesmaids (all out of state and seeing as I'm MOH anyway, this puppy is my responsibility for the most part) have literally wigged on me saying that I should drop all other possible vocations and go directly into event planning. I think this particular wedding at this particular point in my life and really pushed that point to the forefront of my thinking...
As much as I thought the job at my alma mater was my 'dream job' - I don't want to fundraise. Eek. I was to plan - I was born to plan events - seriously. A professor in a class I took in seminary once asked, "What is something you do that while you're doing it, makes you feel close to God?" The prof said obvious answers like prayer and singing worship songs are ok but really think about your talents, the blessings God's given you, etc.....for me - it's event planning. The whole concept of pulling together details so that a group of people can celebrate and truly enjoy a milestone moment - I tell ya - it soooo jazzes me.
OK OK OK time is still flying and I need to get back to the task at hand....printing out the cute poem I wrote to put on the favors - little spice jars (didn't most spices come from Southeast Asia???). In fact, did you know that cinnamon was originally found in Sri Lanka?
There's your trivia tidbit for the day! Take care!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sounds like you already ARE good at it, now you just need to make up some business flyers/brochures/cards and let people know you're for hire! You could always start out on the 'side' and go to full time when you get busy enough. I know you could do it!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are Looking for Prom Gowns, Prom Dresses, Bridal Gowns, Bridal Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses and Flower Girl Dresses, you're at the right place. We provide links to online dresses stores where you will find what you need for the prom, wedding or any party at all!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home