Wednesday, April 06, 2005

What a day...

I got the call. My buddy at the school where I interviewed for a job (dream job, seriously wanted it) called and he gave me the 411 on it. I'm still the #1 applicant but the 'higher ups' have decided to retool the position. Oh please. All I'm asking is for the simple, 'yes it's yours' or 'no it's not'. Instead I have to consider a six month contract where both parties are feel to see how things go. If in that time I decide nay, nay then I'm done in six months. If they find someone better suited for the position while I'm there, again, I'm done.

If in six months, it's bliss for both, then I'm in like flynn. What to do? Part of me wants to say, no. I won't use vulgarities...my mom's voice is ringing in my ears...a part of me wants to say, thanks but no thanks (know I'm thinking something much worse.) Then another part of me says, what the heck? Why not? I really don't have much to lose. The job I have now is not the one I want to 'hold on to' forever. If it works at the school - yippee. If not, I'd have to find one in six months. Yikes.

Any thoughts? Feel free to comment, in fact, please do.
To top it off, the blogmeister you got me going in this realm posted today that she's going to decide by May 1st if she's still in this mad world with us. I certainly hope Samira hangs on - even if for the monthly update! Anywho...I must wrap up, leave work and go to the gym. THAT will make me feel better...I certainly hope it does.

I honestly think extreme emotions are better to feel than that middle BLAH place that I'm in right now. Look at me - who am I to complain! No, really, I know I need to vent and get it out there but I really have nothing to whine about...thanks for reading and leave me your advice or thoughts :) Take care out there...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take the job.

And hit the gym daily--big endorphin release (just like chocolate but less fattening).

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, go for it!! and if you do hit the gym every day, you can have the chocolate too!!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Go for it!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie. Love you so much, you're so adorable. I think you should take it. As you said, you have nothing to lose. And you know they'll love you, anybody would - if they don't that's their problem. Good luck sweetie.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gym always helps me too!

I agree with PSD... you have nothing to lose!! :)

I REALLY hope Samira hangs on! I was SO bummed to read that on her blog :(

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home