Friday, April 08, 2005

TADA! My 100 things list...

Here it is - 100 about me.
1) Love the number 23
2) Have a need to nickname and or abbreviate most everyone/thing
3) The eighth child in my fam - only one brother in the brood
4) 92% of the time I love being the baby
5) 8% of the time it REALLY ROTS
6) See how good I am at math? Honestly love it.
7) Taught English, History, and Bible to middle school students - love those subjects, too.
8) LOVED school. Every aspect of it - loved it.
9) Won 'Most School Spirit' in Jr & Sr High
10) Won MSS in Jr High because on 'School Colors Day' (it was blue & gold) I wore over 200 items with those colors in them, an item could be anything wearable - hat, jewelry, shirts, skirts.
11) I was just a TAD unstable in Jr. High
12) I won 'Most Friendly' in high school, too.
13) I'm an extrovert.
14) I like times when I'm introverted, too.
15) Love meeting people.
16) Love hearing people's stories.
17) Like waiting for a train to take me somewhere.
18) Don't like waiting on hold on the phone. Someone talk to me!!
19) Love planning events.
20) Especially weddings.
21) Have a wonderful group of friends from various points in my life.
22) I've had three serious relationships - all practically altarbound but didn't quite get there. Thank God. ;)
23) I like the number 88 too.
24) Have started running at the gym and am really coming to like it.
25) I'm on hold right now.
26) Grew up in the wonderful state Maine.
27) Moved to Massachusetts (good state but not as GREAT as Maine)
28) My roomie for the last nine.five years is getting married in June. God help me.
29) By help I mean, this girl can't plan an event to save her life. God help me cuz I do.
30) I've been in thirteen weddings. All a blast!
31) I taught in the traditional classroom for four years.
32) I was a children's ministry director for six years - some of my best & worst memories are during that time period.
33) You gotta love the Celtics.
34) In fact, all Boston sports teams rock.
35) My age this July...woohoo!
36) I've met Johnny Damon, Tim Wakefield, Keith Foulke and Mike Timlin of the Boston Red Sox.
37) I've also met Tom Brady of the NE Patriots. He's even better looking in person.
38) I've won a trip for four to Florida - my three closest college buds and I went the year we all turned 30. It was such an incredible time.
39) The year each of my sibligs turn '40' we have a big ol' party for the person. Love on 'em, embarrass 'em, etc.
40) By the time I turn '40', my siblings will probably have forgotten ;)
41) The age my mom was when she birthed me.
42) I was my mom's ONLY C-section (out of seven, one was a set of twins).
43) They lost my heartbeat as I was trying to come out naturally.
44) My mom found out she was pregnant with me while on a cruise with my dad.
45) So I tell people I've been on three cruises. One while I was a senior in high school, one a couple of years ago, and the 'original one'. :)
46) I've lived in four different states at some point - ME, MA, NH, IN.
47) My most embarrassing moment occurred when I was the 'torchbearer' for our National Honor Society induction ceremony in high school. Ask me about it later...
48) I'm a Jill of All Trades, Missus of None. :)
49) Am I done yet? I'd like to think I'm a patient person but this list could be proving me wrong.
50) We're half way there...thanks for reading. I like to nuture a 'garden of gratitude' in my life.
51) The reason I think this is taking me a short lifetime to accomplish is because I'm putting too much info in just one item. Figures.
52) I'm much better at answering questions about me than offering these little tidbits.
53) I'm a TOTAL list maker.
54) I just emailed my roomie and her fiance' 'the ultimate wedding to do list' that I came up with for them.
55) I love checking the things OFF the list that I've accomplished.
56) The age of my eldest sibling this year.
57) How many years my parents have been married. :)
58) I love my folks...they are the cutest little shruggie couple you'd ever want to meet - with slight New England accents. OOOOO, I love 'em.
59) Love to quilt although I haven't done a ton of it.
60) Scrapbooking is SUCH a fun thing for me to do - again, want to. No, NEED to do more of it...I have photos coming out of places I know not of.
61) Would seriously love to meet some blogger friends. Seriously.
62) Met a guy online and we dated longdistantly for two years.
63) He is an aerospace engineer - brainac.
64) He's from England and on one trip to see him over my birthday, he brought me to Rome as my present.
65) That trip rocked. Although seeing so much of St. Peter's over this last week has made my heart hurt for more than just the passing of the Pope. :(
66) My life is a true testimony of God's faithfulness in even the smallest of things.
Thank God.
67) I honestly have no idea where I'd be today with my personal relationship with Christ.
68) I've known Him since I was six.
69) Reading posts about how God has worked in someone's life or made Himself real to the person makes me cry - good tears, though.
70) Oh yeah, I'm a weeper - and a very scary looking one at that. Red eyes, runny nose...ek.
71) I'm a woman of extremes...I've been told that I've been located due to my contagious laugh..hee hee hee.
'72) The year my eldest sib & sister was married - her wedding is my first memory.
73) One of my most difficult memories was when my brother and my SIL had to decide whether or not to take my nephew off life support on my birthday. My nephew Matthew was seven days old at the time. They eventually did and he went to be with Jesus shortly after. I turned ten that year.
74) The year I became an aunt.
75) I have fourteen nieces and nephews, one grandnephew, and two grandnieces.
77) Holidays and celebrations are a BIG deal in my family - purely due to the number involved!
78) I loved Barbies, stuffed animals, and Star Wars stuff when I was a kid.
79) Star Wars was the first movie I ever saw - my sister R brought me.
80) I've only had two crushes in my life. One in high school and one in college.
81) Because of my height (ONLY 5'11") people used to think I was a good 4-5 years older than I was.
82) Love eighties music.
83) Got an 80's trivia game for Christmas. A hoot.
84) The year I won that scarybutt award for having so many dang blue and gold items on my bod.
85) Trees have always been a theme in my life...the big ol' oak outside my old home....the trees on the campus where I went to school, the visions people had of me comparing me to the oak that is mentioned in the Psalms 1:3...'And (s)he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his(her) fruit in his(her) season; his(her) leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever (s)he doeth shall prosper.'
86) I've been a member of three churches over my lifetime.
87) I love the church I attend now - it's nondenominational. Funny - being raised baptist and having attended an A/G church for the last ten years...to end up at a non-denom makes me chuckle.
88) The year I graduated high school - the school where our 'mascot' was a trojan. Yes, made rivalry games a great place to find a condom. Fabulous.
89) All my sibs graduated from there except the eldest. When my guidance counselor met me he asked me if I was the last of the bunch. When I told him as far as I knew I was, he said he wished there were more. (Sweet man.)
90) I was in the top ten of my highschool - yippee!
91) I got my BS degree in college. BS can stand for a lot of things I always told my mother.
'92) Year I graduated college - broke up with the guy I thought I'd marry and met the 2nd one I thought I was gonna get hitched to.
'93) Moved to Indiana and was a nanny for an absolutely wonderful family. I am blessed to have been a part of their lives.
'94) Began teaching.
'95) Found out about my BIL's brain tumor and came back to New England.
96) As much as I thought I loved high school, I loved college even more. My relationship with Christ truly became my own and I wasn't riding on my parents' coattails anymore.
'97) Fell in love with the guy from college all over again.
'98) Broke his heart and told him we couldn't get married. We were on very different pages spiritually and neither one of us could settle.
99) As much as I think my heart is broken beyond repair, God is always there to carry it, hold it, and ultimately heal it like no one else can.
100) WOW - there it is. My last one...I hope this list brought a smile to your face as I believe that's one of the reasons God made me...I like to be a joydeliverer! :)

Again, thanks for reading...it took me LONG enough to get this badboy done, can't imagine the time it took for you to read it! There really is something to this 100 list that is like a rite of passage in blogdom. I'll hold my head up a little higher now that I've done mine!
If I'm not a regular commenter on your site, please put your 100 list link in my comments. I would seriously LOVE to read it!
Have a great weekend everyone....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, big family. we have a lot in common, I see. I'll have to put together a list for my site!! it was very fun, very informative and yes, it made me smile. thank you!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See now what you said about me? I had the exact opposite of you - I would've thought you were 25 at MOST.

Ooooh so many of those I was saying, me too, me too! Oh and is it later yet? ;) I remember my most embarrasing moment - just recently, it was horrid. Didn't help I was stressed to the max either. But it's (sort of) funny now.

I loved this!! So glad you did it. Nice to have it done isn't it?

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and I share #43. Had to go c-section in a hurry before I lost too many brain cells.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Loved this list. Makes me want to do mine over!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where arrrreee yoouuu?? I miss you!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Yeah, where are you! Helloooooo, is there anybody out there???? :)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Architect said...

I saw leave a comment for me! I'm excited to "meet" another blogger! Yay! I enjoyed your 100 things and from all the kids in your family and from being from the NE, I was guessing you were catholic. Have a wonderful day!! :-)

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUNDREDDDDDD... things by you and one thing by me, Welcome to GownsForLess.com where you will find sources for prom gowns, prom dresses, bridal gowns, bridal dresses, bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dresses offered at unbelievably low prices

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home