Monday, May 02, 2005

Update #1

I so appreciate comments from you guys out there. I think most of all because it helps me think through issues from a variety of perspectives and other angles than I necessarily have access to. So thanks. Here's an 'update of sorts' to my last post:

What's going on between me and 1 Guy? First off, 1 Guy is not gay - honestly. I've had big time crushes on some who were on or who moved on over to the other side. Did he blush? Kinda...I mean, whenever I go down that road, it makes him slightly uncomfortable. Robin - oh, please don't think I'm a tease or that I'm purposely leading him on. We've had RDTs before and they really didn't solve anything. I think that's because we've had them when one of us was seeing, dating, or obviously interested in someone else. Timing really is everything, isn't it? So I might take your suggestion sooner than later - to clear the air. :)

Early on I told him I didn't think anything could happen because he reminded me of an ex from quite awhile ago. I've known him for almost ten years - it'll be ten this September. We both joke about how we know each other too well. Could that be or do you think it's just an excuse (either his or mine)?

Which leads me to my next 'how many times have I heard this'question for you fabulous bloggers out there...do you think one man and one woman can be platonic friends? 1 Guy and I are very good friends...we're honest with each other, hold each other accountable, care for each other. I think Eddo asked if I was into him...I know at times I've seriously considered it...when I was VERY serious with my last beau, 1 Guy was pretty bummed that I may be heading to jolly ol' England to be closer to my-now-ex. One of the 'cons' on my pro-con list was that I wouldn't see 1 Guy anymore. :( (OK, getting this lame 'feels like the storyline of the TV show "JAG" although 1 Guy hasn't lost his father during his military service.)

By now, if you've reached this point of this post, let me try to convince you that I'm not loopy. My bottomline gut feeling is that we are two people of opposite gender that have become like brother and sister. I do love 1 Guy dearly but don't think we're marriage material. Neither one of us is wanting a 'make out' friend - wait. 1 Guy might actually want that but I know I don't. I'm looking for something lasting...something God-honoring.

So with that - I leave those two questions for you fabulous bloggers out there - comment, people, comment! :) Thanks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I wasn't thinking you were a tease at all. Don't even worry about it! In my situation, the guy was totally clueless that I had it bad for him.

Ummm, what's an RDT?

4:38 PM  
Blogger cookie723 said...

RDT is a 'relationship defining talk'.
and thanks about letting me off the 'tease hook' ;) Take care!

4:56 PM  
Blogger The Dummy said...

I talked briefly about the friendship issue a little while ago on my blog:

Here

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, first, are you dissing JAG??? That's the start of your problems and the root cause of all the indecision in your life ;) . I think you need to ask yourself, WWHD (What Would "Harm" Do)? The answer--flirt shamelessly with the attractive blond du jour while playing up the sexual tension between he and Mac. Okay, maybe that wouldn't work so well for you. I keep working on the questions.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home