Monday, May 02, 2005

Where to start...

about my weekend....let's see. Friday night was spent with a girlfriend of mine who is - well, she's just SUCH a terrific person. I helped get her and her hubby of NINE years together back when we were all in college. We just go way back together and I love her to pieces. It's this friend's mom who I wrote about here - Bets. This Mother's Day is going to be a tough one. :(
So, after just venting and sharing and getting it all out there over a yummy dinner and a brief cruise about town, we ended up at a 24 hour Dunkin Donuts (little shout out to the DDs of New England - anyone outside of this area, you don't know what you're missing ;) ) We talked even more and I finally got home around 1:30am.

Did.not.want.to.get.up.on.Saturday. So I lounged around a bit and read more of 'True Believer', the latest Nicholas Sparks book. I will not apologize for loving this man's writing like I do. Love him - I'll have to blog more on the why.
Finally I'm up and out on a rainy crappy day but I'm meeting M2 for, um, more coffee (issues here?) to talk about where we're both at vocationally, spiritually, etc. I think I'm going to put an ad on 'The Knot' website and M2 is gonna help me. Then I go to the salon.
I love my hairdresser. She's so stinkin' real and SOOOO tells me like it is. I know I can ask her something and she'll be flat out honest. The last time we dished it was right before I broke up with the ex. She helped me see the situation for what it was. This time, I was getting some advice on how to wear 'the do' for the 'big day' next month (yikes, the wedding is NEXT month??) and then she worked her magic. I've started parting my hair on the OTHER side and I'm kinda liking it...

Saturday night - off to celebrate M's birthday...fun. We hung out at the local 'Outback' and had a delicious dinner then over to M2's house to hang some more, watch a movie, talk. We more or less just talked. IT just feels like life gets so busy and we don't find the time to just connect and hear how each other is doing...so we did. Around midnight and after watching a couple of skits of Hillary Swank on SNL, my roomie and I headed home.

I didn't feel 'great' on Sunday morning so I actually considered not going to church...unless I have a temperature of 125 and am turning a shade of fuchsia, I go to church. So, I get ready and make it there. Boy, am I glad I did. R (our teaching elder) had a message I needed to hear (we're studing the book of Acts right now) and then one of the young men going on one of our summer missions trips gave a testimony that again, I needed to hear and act on. Sunday afternoon I turned domestic to get ready for M, M2, and P to come on over and put P's wedding invites together! We got it all done in about 2 hours! Enough time to talk SOME more and watch Desperate Housewives...ok,ok,ok - it's not the best show in the world but I honestly want to know the deal with Mary Alice/Angela/friend to those other wacko ladies...

Now my Monday workday is almost over...thank goodness. I'm heading to the gym and I think my roomie and I are squeezing in '24' later! Wooohooo - peace out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tagged you, see my site for details!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Thanks for letting me know you updated! Sounds like a good weekend.

When I was in Boston I walked to a Dunkin' Donuts and on my way back to the hostel (We stayed in a hostel for a couple of nights and the Parker the last 2 nights) and this guy asked me for money and I offered him the donuts, all of them and he said, "I can't eat sugar" and I said, "Well, beggars can't be choosey" - of course I didn't really say that, but I didn't have any more cash on me so he didn't get anything from me - but I am very homeless friendly, I was a little shocked though when he didn't take the donuts! I am not homeless and if some stranger offered me a Dunkin Donut I would probably take it.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I am totally DD fan!!!!! I pass by 4 of them on my morning run!! Gotta love New England!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home