Wednesday, June 15, 2005

What a lameo I am!

I don't even want to look at when the last time I posted was....life is just too dang nutty over here. I'll get into it all soon - promise. Still processing some and still getting the final wedding details DONE. Oh dear Lord...apart from the calm & peace I experience during my fabu fake & bake tan time(please, no health concern comments ;) ) EVERYTHING else is just plain CRAZY! Most of the time is fun crazy but there are those moments when I think my mind has just up and left me.

For instance - if you've either been living in New England or heard about it on the news - we just got through some CRAZY hot weather - like, lift my arm and sweat a gallon - I know, gross. So during this almost heatwave (yes, in early June NO LESS!) I come home to a small man-made lake under my kitchen sink. Oh my! Something was aleakin' and by the literal grace of God I had a bucket under where the pipe just happened to be leaking! So, after almost breaking my wrist getting the 'HOT' water valve turned off, plumberman came yesterday and fixed that bad boy - yes, after taking about three days worth of dirty dishes (all well rinsed but dirty still) and boxing them up so he could 'get to the sink' Oh please.

Last night I met my roomie's future in-laws. She had met them last August when she and her fiance, B, flew to Sri Lanka to meet them. I had known both B and his sister, P, when we were all in college together so finally meeting Amma & Appa (Tamil for mom and dad, fyi) was such a delight - people, they are the CUTEST Sri Lankan couple I have ever met. I'd say cutest ever but my own folks rank higher ;)
Anywho - they brought gifts (of course) and I was thanked over and over for sending both Amma and P an invite to the bridal shower last month. Obviously they couldn't make it but both were so appreciative of the theme -'East Marries West' - P really loved that Sri Lanka got the 'shout out' in the theme. :) Anyone need any theme ideas? Give me a holler.

So we had a great time and I just couldn't stop smiling....in previous posts I've written why I love wedding so stinkin' much. Last night was why. When two peoples loved ones - family, friends, precious people, come together to celebrate these important relationships and ultimately the relationship that the new couple is 'embarking on' - I could seriously start crying it's just so moving to me. I told some friends recently that I am in SERIOUS Gush Mode - I'm gushing everywhere on everything, it's scary. Unless I'm cracking the whip on the bride ;) I'm gushing.

Alrighty, gotta cut this bad boy off...I haven't forgotten about the GC story - it's coming...it involves a local radio station, the TV show 'LOST' and how I don't like the song 'Adrienne' by the Calling....yes, I am a tease - there. I admitted it.
Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

I'm gonna get in trouble for playing too. It's good to see a post from you :) . Glad things are good - busy, but good. As long as busy is not equalling (too much) stress. Your attitude about weddings is so wonderful, I so wish more people had that.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Um - we need you back in the blogosphere my dear cookie... it's just not the same without you.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home