Wednesday, July 06, 2005

OK, the TEASEBLOG will give something up!

So I was listening to Kiss 108, the hip radio station here in Boston. It was early/mid May and the final episodes of 'LOST' were on...the DJ (Matty of Matty in the Morning, for all you locals) asked the question about Sayid (Naveen Andrews, great actor - was in 'Bride & Prejudice') - to nutshell it, how could he hook up with Shannon when he was ohsoinlove with the woman he was going to find in LA? Well, on a TOTAL whim, I try calling in to give my 2 cents.
(Background to this. I SOOOO wasn't going to get hooked on this show. I watch too much TV as is. ER, Alias & 24 are my shows. LikeIneedanother. Well, a girlfriend of mine would tell me what was happening on Lost and hey, Matthew Fox is, well, foxy, so, she got me into it. This show rocks. Alas, I could call into the radio show and comment.)
As you might have guessed, I got through and was chatting it up with Matty. Of course, he was calling me 'Julie' because I didn't want to give my real name. I had just called in and tried to win Celtics tickets like the week before and I have a pretty memorable name. Partially due to a movie that's had WAY TOO many sequels as well as a song named it (it's by the group 'The Calling'). Now what woman doesn't want a song named after her? I would LOVE it IF the song had a decent message. No, no, the one I get is about the woman named my name (although spelled differently!)that rips the heart out of the guy singing and basically tears his heart apart with the stilletos she's wearing. Yeah, nice.
So back to rationalizing why I gave a false name - I didn't want to hear the song and I figured I'd be on for about two seconds so - just call me Julie. Boy, was I wrong. Matty and I get talking and realize we're long lost TV buds. We watch the same shows, feel the same about certain plot twists...at one point I answered a question they all had about something on Lost and the producer in the background is yelling, 'We love Julie, we love Julie....'. I honestly had to stop and think, Hey - who's this Julie chiming in on my airtime??? Oh please.
So after almost 10 - yes TEN - minutes of airtime bonding...Matty says, 'So Julie, how white are your teeth?' Knowing they've been doing a monthlong promo for this cosmetic dentistry place in Boston, I say, 'Well, Matty, they could always be whiter!' Hence the $500.00 gift certificate to this dental office. I thought of using it before the wedding but I didn't want people to be blinded by the whiteness. I am going to try and use it this summer though...my teeth aren't bad but like I said, could always be whiter!
Ok - there's the story...my friends & family all freaked on me because they claim I always win stuff...I don't ALWAYS win...just a free ticket here, a trip for four to Florida there...I'm just blessed :)
Wedding details to come...I'm heading to the new couple's pad tonight for dinner - I'm their first official guest! And Eddo, we're having Mexican!!! Have a great Wednesday people!

4 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

mmm... Mexican!! Please eat some for me! Back on South Beach and I won't go near a Mexican food restaurant for at least 2 weeks because I can't say no to the chips and salsa. I just can't.

Have some fun at the new couple's pad.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Oh, and Tell them Eddo from Posted Note is a little upset because he didn't get an invite - I thought we were closer than that!!!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling about the song, I'm not a big fan of the song with my name in it, either!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

There ARE certain people who ALWAYS win things - I think it's those who aren't afraid to take a chance. Maybe you're one of them :) . Yay for teeth whitening - you should take before and after pics!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home