Friday, July 15, 2005

A tough day...

You know what it's like when you hear one sad, horrible piece of news? You sit there, let it begin to soak in, try to muster the intelligence and compassion to say something 'appropriate', then....then what? I try to think immediately of a prayer for that person and situation, knowing God already knows my heart and how my heart, let alone His, is breaking for them...there's some comfort right there.

This morning I got an email and it just started the tears aflowin'. All of a sudden, it's like I allowed separate events all meet up in my heart - all at once.

There's this computertech company that services our computer system here at work - a bunch of really sweet, funny guys. (not geeky at ALL.) A few months ago, one of 'em, Jamie, was here and, as he was checking my computer, flat out asks me, 'A, are you a Christian?' I won't say it shocked me but for a second all I could think was,'Hmm, why's he asking?' I then said, 'Yeah, I am...why do ask?' He said he could tell something was 'up' because of the sites I visit (thank God!). We began a talk about our faith and he shared with me that his fiance was fighting cancer - again. They're keeping the faith that she'll defeat it but know that she's in the Best Hands if she doesn't.

This morning's email was from Jamie's boss letting some business contacts know that Michelle passed away on Monday. He said Jamie asked if he'd pass on the word. Instantly every emotion I felt last March ('04) when I found out Danny had died came rambling back at me...my heart is just broken for him.

I also found out that a couple I care deeply for miscarried their second baby last week. There was some difficulty after the procedure but she'd doing a bit better physically today. A few days ago, I found out my dad had knee surgery complications. He's improving each day as well but it's taken a toll on my mom...I guess all three situations just 'hit' and I broke.

That kind of breaking where all you can do is pray. I'll be heading home in a few weekends to spend some time with my folks and I call almost every day to check in but other than that, I just feel helpless...prayer and the passing of healing time is all that can really happen right now...for Jamie, for my friends, for my parents.

Life truly is an amazing thing...again I'm reminded how precious every moment is. I hope you can take some time this weekend to just allow yourself to appreciate even just one of the people in your life that makes your life as wonderful as it truly is...with all the stress, all the responsibility, all the blessings & joys. Love on someone this weekend then come back and tell me about it...

Take care of yourselves and hope to blog more soon...peace to you & yours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, Adrianne, that's a lot to deal with. I hope you get some loving on you this weekend!! I will take your advice, thanks for the reminder!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it.
The world and all its people belong to him.

2 For he laid the earth's foundation on the seas and built it on the ocean depths.
3 Who may climb the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place?
4 Only those whose hands and hearts are pure,who do not worship idols and never tell lies.
5 They will receive the LORD's blessing
and have right standing with God their saviour.
6 They alone may enter God's presence
and worship the God of Israel

Adrianne, I pray that you enter into Go'd presence and he blesses and equi[s you with all you need to get through these trials. I will be praying for you. God Bless

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home