Monday, July 18, 2005

Weekend update...

Friday night I napped after work - how lame am I (it was only for 20 minutes!)? Ran some errands to get ready for Saturday. "What was Saturday?" you ask. It was the day we FINALLY celebrated a couple of our friends birthdays. Both were back in May and one we used as the 'cover' for the surprise bridal shower I threw for my former roomie (She was AOK with postponing it). I just felt bad it took so long to get to celebrating!
Well, the day was so stinkin' fun. We headed to Cambridge and went on the Charles River boat cruise...an hour of cruising along the river, hearing some interesting factoids, just relaxing...it was great. I love being on the water - even a river in Cambridge :)
Then we headed over a GREAT tapas restaurant on the Cambridge/Somerville line. My former roomie and I went there almost ten years ago for another friend's birthday so it was very nostalgic going back - and very fun - and very yummy! The sangria this place serves is fabulous...dessert was scooting over to one of our favorite ice cream places. We hung out there for over an hour, different peeps in our group of ten hanging out and catching up with each other...so fun. My former roomie and her new hubby came & for some, it was the first time seeing them since the wedding. Just so much fun - just what I needed after the day I had on Friday!
I'm really very thankful for it all...I get to plan these birthday celebrations and was thrilled with the weather more than cooperated...1 Guy and I went jeeping after, too. We had a good talk...I let him have it about this woman he's 'seeing' kinda. Yeah - too long to tell here. But the talk still didn't take away from the great time we had hanging out. (It's like getting mad at my brother - I get over it quickly!)
Sunday was good, too...got some stuff done at home, cried when I watched Extreme Home Makeover (hadn't seen it yet - the one with the autistic child and deaf parents - I bawled.) Eventually made my way to sleepland...
Hope your Monday is going well ~ who followed my advice and loved on someone this weekend? Later...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend.

We too, were celebrating a freind's Birthday - her 40th! Like you, the weather was great - the BBQ went well and too much food - including a fantastic strawberry pavlova (on my part) found its way into my mouth...but

Daughter and I went "girlie" shopping - involving shoes, bags and Claire's Accessorise (do you have that shop in the States?) - very pink and girlie! - and icecream!!!! such a difference to shopping with son!!

Take care and keep up with the rest - and hope you keep well.

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you always have such fun and full weekends!! and I did see that EHM, earlier in the year, a good one, huh? it made me cry too. well, I called a college roommate that I had been out of touch with for a few years and she had just had a baby not even a week before! it was good to reconnect!!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Great Post! No need for a citation here!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home