Monday, July 25, 2005

The year of the good birthday...

No, make that 'The year of the GREAT birthday'...

Maybe it's the whole 'what you appreciate changes as you age' or that I'm realizing what really makes me tick...but this birthday was my absolute favorite...

Growing up birthdays were 'important' in a sense...I mean, they certainly weren't overlooked or forgotten in any sense of those words. There were years when I actually had a 'party' and then, as I got into high school, had some surprises thrown at me that still make me laugh when I remember them. (I have some incredible friends...really, I do.)

This year, though, the entire day was just amazing...amazing in that it held everything I love about life.

I got up around 7 ish and did some things around my place. My former roomie isn't quite fully moved out yet so I packed up a few things for her and packed it in my car seeing as she and hubby invited me over for a 'Birthday Breakfast' :) On the way over, I stopped and got some beach toys for our other girlfriends' kiddos. Got to their place and had a yummy breakfast, chatted it up some with B, P's hubby (love this guy - so kind & thoughtful - just what P needs) Then B said he'd take care of the cleanup so we could hit the road!

P & I made our way down to CT on one of the most goregous summer days I can remember! It was perfect weather...we get to this little lake/camping area that my girlfriend, D, and her family stay at. We spend the afternoon on the shore of this lake and have the best time...kids had a blast! There was this 25ft slide that the three of us went down - in honor of my 35th! Just flippin' hilarious. So fun, we went down a couple more times, too!

Then we got to D's home, showered, got ready for dinner...I have to say, I like clothes and all but I found this FABULOUS skirt...black with purple, Indian stitching and silver accent. Iloveit. SO did P & D...in fact, we all looked pretty hot...so we made our way to this restaurant in Hartford called 'Hot Tomatoes' that was incredible. It was such great summer weather, we ate outside on the patio. For our food selections, I had this amazing pork chop dish (and I am usually not a pork chop eater) that came with asparagus and twice baked sweet potatoes! D got a great lobster dish and P got a chicken saltimbocca yummy dish...for my birthday dessert, I had to get their tiramisu and am I glad I did! Cheesecake and a funky blueberry & nectar crisp was tried by the others and we loved it all.

When one of the hosts came by with the check, he said my dessert was on the house and that he wanted us to come by the bar for a drink when we wanted to. So we stayed and talked and got caught up on nearly everything...it was fantastic. As we began to make our way out, that host caught us and lead us to the bar where we all got a free drink...so fun. I will definitely hit this place again and will reccommend it anyone!

For my birthday gift the girls got me an Italian charm bracelet...it came with four charms - an Icthus, my birthstone, a bday cake, and the charm 'FRIEND' on it. It is so adorable...it was just the sweetest birthday celebration I can remember. The day was just wonderful - not only did I feel 'celebrated' but we all had such a great time together.

My posse here will take me out this Saturday so my birthday celebration is getting stretched out...just the way I like it ;) Yesterday I went through my mail and received a bunch more cards...I feel loved :)

That's all for now. Caught 'Cinderella Man' Friday night - a GREAT flick if you haven't seen it already. Take care & Happy Monday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Oh you are MY kind of girl. Twice baked potatoes and sweet potatoes in ONE?! YUM. Tiramisu, not usually pork kind of girl... all me :) .

I have one of those Italian charm bracelets, my good friend I grew up with got it for me and 'friend' was my first charm! Since Hubby has gotten me lots of Mommy, I love you, and Wifey ones :) .

Stretched out birthday celebrations are the BEST, mine got packed mostly into one day this year but a few extra's came in the day after :) .

So glad you had such a wonderful birthday, I loved reading about it, I really put myself in your whole experience and felt like I was reliving it with you :) ! Can you believe all these July birthdays?! Allie, you, me, and I know there's been a few others and I'm very bad for forgetting them. So Happy Belated Birthday sweetie, so glad you had the exact wonderful one you so richly deserve!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home