Thursday, July 28, 2005

Pitching In For Kids!

This is the name of one of the charities that Johnny Damon and Tim Wakefield (of the Boston Red Sox, in case you weren't sure...) support. Tonight is their big celebrity auction at the Comedy Connection in Boston and I'm going...it's my 3rd or 4th year helping out. A good friend of mine's mother really sets this bad boy up...it's a load of work that I don't think she gets enough credit for but that's another topic...

Last year I met Derek Lowe - I know he's no longer a BoSox but come on. That guy seriously had it going on...cute and all watching him play but meeting him up close and in person - there was a moment when I seriously had to walk away. I refuse to pull a 'Paris Hilton' here but boy, he was...ahhh...very good looking.

This year I have no idea who'll be there. I've met Mike Timlin before (love him) and a bunch of other guys...can't remember all their names here. Monday will be the actual celeb golf tournament that they all head out for...that's fun, too. Seeing as my friend's mom runs this shindig, she always gives me 'fun jobs' :)

Gotta leave work early to get to the CC tonight so that's all for now...I'll try and update you tomorrow if I saw anybody tonight! Have a good one...

4 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

BoSOx rox

Great when athletes actually do something for the kids

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time at your fundraising event. Hope you raised loads for your good cause!!!

After catching up with last weeks reading I am carefully chosing my words!!!!! ha ha

6:20 AM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Hope you had a blast! Um, what exactly is a Paris Hilton? On second thought maybe I don't want to know.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Is that BoSox Rocks or BoTox Rocks? I think Steve might be confused about the two.

Steve, BoSox stands for Boston Red Sox - not Botox, which is a botulism people inject into their faces to prevent wrinkles.

Where is our update Adrianne? Hmmm?

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home