Wednesday, August 03, 2005

It's done...

Today I broke off my middle fingernail - WAY past the cuticle. There wasn't so much pain as utter shock & disbelief. I'm so saddened by losing a nail and I'm really not sure why...it's not like I'm some scary diva that needs her nails looking perfect 24/7...I just like uniformity, I guess.
When I was in Jr.High we had this 'Miss Manners' course thing at my church that a bunch of my friends and I took. Hilarious now that I think about it...one of the many things that stayed with me was the whole 'If one nail breaks, you should trim the rest so that they are all similiar in length.' I try and uphold this truth as though God Himself told me this.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My week camping absolutely "ruined" my nails - they are very soft and brittle due to a thyroid problem and by the end of the week, using the same maxim as yourself, they were all cut down to match the shortest!!!!!!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, did you trim the rest of them??!! Miss Manners class, huh, how curious. what else did they teach you?

9:22 AM  
Blogger cookie723 said...

Hmmm, Beth, it was all kinds of info - grooming (sounds like what you do to animals), hygiene (amen), proper way to sit and cross your legs - basically I came out of that practically like a Southern belle! :)
Oh Barbara - I know your pain...here's to our nails growing out! :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger K. said...

Funny, I thought I was the only person who obsessed over making all the nails be relatively close in length. ;)

Nice blog, very entertaining.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home