Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Oh, Happy August!

Hi folks...
I am exhausted...I can barely find the keys to type this, I'm so tired. The past four days have just been wonderful. Really, some of the best moments I'll treasure for a long, long time kinda days...

Friday night some friends and I saw 'Must Love Dogs'. Johnnie boy still HAS IT. That's all I can muster at this moment - too tired to elaborate for fear I'll get TOO excited. ;)

Saturday was another slice of birthday bliss. I'm telling you - I LOVE MY FRIENDS but I usually 'know' the extent they'll go for birthday celebrations. Boy, sure didn't call this one - nope. To make an absolutely incredible story just a little shorter, they all surprised me with a boat ride to George's Island (off the coast of Boston) where we had a fabulous BBQ - with Hilltop meats no less! (Peeps from around here know the Hilltop reference) It was yet another GORGEOUS day out and the time we all had to just relax, eat, enjoy...seriously made my eyes water.

Remember the 'Friends' episode where Rachel wanted to celebrate Emma's 1st birthday a certain way and it seemed like it sure wasn't going to happen that way? Then at the end, with everyone around Emma just loving on her, Rachel gets all teary eyed because what was happening WAS exactly what she had wanted? Yeah, that's how I felt Saturday...just everyone I love there with me and we could all just enjoy the moment, know what I mean? Nothing too crazy (however some of my friends had to carry a BUTTLOAD of stuff with them - like an entire bag of charcoal? Do my friends rock or WHAT???), nothing too costly, just time spent together...my best friend and her hubby even BROUGHT A CAKE - I'm still not sure how that badboy made it over...

We eventually made our way back to Boston and hung out at Fanueil Hall...it was so beautiful out so we just walked around, got ice cream, coffee, etc. Once we were hanging in the 'middle section' of the hall, some friends went over to the musician (VERY James Taylorie) with his sound system all hooked up and ready and asked him to sing 'Happy Birthday' to me - hilarious. If you've never had a couple hundred people you don't know sing that to you while you're celebrating your birthday - really, try and get that done. Absolutely hilarious.

Sunday was great, too...after church we helped our youth pastor and his family move into their new home - a wonderful home that's nice and spacious for them! Then I had a 'date' with a friend's daughter - we saw "Madagascar" - great flick. C. & I had a super time catching up and joking around - she's 6 and is a HOOT. Seriously, I love C. and her family...you know those people God allows into your life and you would do almost anything for them? Yeah, this family is that to me.

So Monday rolls around ALL TOO SOON. I was up and out of my humble abode around 5 AM. Ouch - that was a toughie and as I was on my way to 'Black Rock Country Club' in Hingham, I thought I wasn't going to make it. But there was a golf tournament to be volunteered at and thank God I went - my friend who heads up the volunteer group said that 20 people backed out as of the day before. Well they missed out - it was an incredible day...this organization raised over $100,000.00 from the auction last week (yeah-what was my guess? Like $75K???) and they were pretty sure yesterday's event would raise at least that much...how great. To think of the children's charities and hospitals that will benefit..just great.

Some highlights from the day...the Farrelly brothers were there. Yes, of 'Something About Mary', 'Dumb & Dumber', and 'Fever Pitch' fame...what a hoot. Tim & Johnny were there, Mayor Menino (of Boston) golfed, Mike Meyers came, too. Then there was Dwight Evans, Jim Lonborg (SUCH A GREAT GUY), Jerry Moses, Ken Hodges (had dinner with him and almost wet myself he was so funny) - just had such a great time - doesn't even feel like 'work' - not at all.

Oh, and by the way - ILOVETODDENGLISH. Love him. And who usually goes to this event? Oh yeah, Mr. 'I'm such a fabulous chef' English himself. He owns four different types of restaurants and has them scattered all over Boston with some in DC and Seattle. Got to chat with him and I didn't faint or say anything horrifically embarrassing! Yeah me!

Honestly, it was a fantastic day - the weather ended up being perfect, everyone was in good mood and we sang 'Happy Birthday' - no, not to me - to Tim Wakefield who's 39 today (well, they said that but I'm not sure if they were joking or not?) So Happy Birthday, Tim, and here's to the 'year of FABULOUS birthdays....

Take care of yourselves :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

I love how much fun you have in life! I can just see you enjoying each and every moment and totally overlooking anything that a normal person might get down about, you don't even give such things a second thought, and it shows through in your enthusiasm in everything you do and is so much fun to read about. Yes I agree we HAVE to meet someday :) !

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home