Friday, August 26, 2005

Last weekend in August...

and I'm Mainebound again! My sister and I have been chattin' up a storm this week and it's looking like quite a few of the wedding details are coming together...I'm bringing rough drafts of the ceremony & reception orders, the program, lists for both the bride & groom to accomplish...oh, the joys of event planning :)

I think what cracks me up about event planning is when people SO LISTEN TO YOUR OPINION...I mean, I worked with some people who, yes, they know and trust me, but at times I think I could suggest that they tie orange polkadotted ribbon around the guests' heads and they'd almost do it...ok, slight exaggeration there but I had to tell my sister that the song, 'At Last', wasn't probably the best song choice for her wedding. Why? you ask. (As you should - I LOVE THAT SONG.) Both bride and groom have been married before and I feel that song speaks more of that 'one love' that you've been waiting your whole life for that you've finally been blessed with 'at last'. She heard me out and agreed. They're going with 'From This Moment' which I think has the better message of 'from this point forward' - just the tone they're aiming to set. :) What do you think?

Tonight, before I head north, I'm going to a birthday party! It's for my friend's grandmother - she turns 90 years old today! Can you believe it? Another friend of ours turned 30 this week (Happy 30th, M!!!) and I was IMing with her earlier saying how weird it is to think when she was born, Gram was turning 60! Crazy.

Next time you tune in to 'apartyhappening' you'll hopefully see something new & improved! Eddo of PostedNote FAME(he hit 5,000 unique visitors to his site this month! Way to go!) created the most delectable template for us all to enjoy here! He's just an amazing guy!

Take care & I'll be reading you all soon!

5 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I've always wanted to visit Maine (among other places). What's it like?

4:21 PM  
Blogger cookie723 said...

What a great idea for a post! For now all I can say is (and you must understand I'm a tad bit biased) that Maine is just blissful. There is a peace I experience there that I've never felt elsewhere. It's more than just 'going home to see Mom and Dad and family' kind of peace. Most of my time is spent on the coast...a coastline that is rocky and calm, deep and moving all at the same time. Towns, for the most part, are quaint and inviting. The cities (yes, there are a couple) are fun and you can find SOMETHING to do there...Winter can be harsh but when you're with the people you love, any season is blessed in Maine :) (I'm sure you can say that about Nebraska, too, huh?)
Have a great weekend!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I am so jealous, I had planned to go to Maine last year but we never got a chance, so hopefully we can go to Niagra Falls and onto Maine afterwards.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

2:33 AM  
Blogger L said...

Wow. It sounds just like I've imagined. I'll keep it on my list of places to go. It's true that when you're with family, the weather doesn't seem to matter as much. I love Nebraska and wouldn't mind living here permanently, as long as I can travel a lot :) Have you ever been to NE?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

Can't wait to see the new look!

You must be pretty solid in your thinking for people to listen to you so much. I know when there are SO many things going on and SOMEbody seems to know what they're talking about, I'll throw it to them to make the decision. It's a calming presence. So when are you making this your business ;) ?

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home