Wednesday, August 24, 2005

This song is just so...

hiphoppy. Natasha Bedingfield's 'These Words'...so am loving this song. I heard her perform it last week on Conan - she was great. I'm putting the lyrics here cuz, well, just cuz. :)

These words are my own
Threw some chords together
The combination D-E-F
It's who I am, it's what I do
And I was gonna lay it down for you
I try to focus my attention
But I feel so A-D-D
I need some help, some inspiration
(But it's not coming easily)
Whoah oh...

Trying to find the magic
Trying to write a classic
Don't you know, don't you know, don't you know?
Waste-bin full of paper
Clever rhymes, see you later

These words are my own
From my heart flow
I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you
There's no other way
To better say
I love you, I love you...

Read some byron, shelly and keats
Resited in over a Hip-Hop beat
I'm having trouble saying what I mean
With dead poets and drum machines
I know I had some studio time booked
But I couldn't find a killer hook
Now you're gonna raise the bar right up
Nothing I write is ever good enough

These words are my own
From my heart flow
I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you
There's no other way
To better say
I love you, I love you...

I'm getting off my stage
The curtains pull away
No hyper bowl to hide behind
My naked soul exposes
Whoah.. oh.. oh.. oh.. whoah.. oh..

Trying to find the magic
Trying to write a classic
Waste-bin full of paper
Clever rhymes, see you later

These words are my own
They're from my heart
I love you, I love you
That's all I got to say, can't think of a better way
And that's all I got to say
I love you, is that okay...

Natasha repeats the chorus a few more times than I have it here but you get the point.

I don't know about you but I get so jazzed when I find a song that so fits a moment or experience I've had. Like Gwen Stefani's 'Cool'....it's SO the story of me and an ex of mine. I really like the smooth sound to that song too - it's kinda how I wish all relationships could end if they needed to end - smoothly.

Now, I would so love to hear what song 'marks a moment' for you...if there's more than one song, all the better..
Have a wonderful Wednesday...

5 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Wow, there are a lot! I love how so many songs can take you back to those moments. "Who Got the Hooch" by Everything - that takes me back to high school days. "Feels Like Love" by Vince Gill was me & my first boyfriend's song and it just seemed to fit perfectly. I always get a smile on my face when I hear those songs.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I can't think of any right off hand... right now I am really into the Black-Eyed Peas...

You know the ryhthm makes me jump up um, the BEP's keep you rockin all day long...

8:35 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I just downloaded that song... I love her voice, I hear this song all the time in the gym and I didn't realize it was her...

8:55 AM  
Blogger jac said...

That's cute.

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home