Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Where does a week go?

I wish I knew. I think I got so caught up in extra-curricular activities and reading everyone else's blogs, I think I 'felt like' I had blogged. Last week was an odd one...every weeknight I ended up being 'out' till WAY too late - like not home till 1am-ish. Friday and Saturday evening, home by 11. Whatever.

So it's August 23 already...oh, I so don't like this time...right before Labor Day, feeling like summer is literally slipping through your fingers. I really don't like seeing summer pass by...don't get me wrong - I love autumn. LOVE IT. But come on, summer is more than a season. Summer is a state of mind.

My summers have always held such pivotal moments in my life. My first real kiss, first 'real' love (kiss & love not same guy), first horrid breakup, first real job, first family member's death. With summer coming to a close, I'm always wondering what could have happened or should have happened that didn't. It isn't a regretful pensive moment but more a 'ok, this hasn't happened yet - maybe it will this fall' kinda feeling. Alright, that's not an easy one to explain as it is so fully caught up in my emotional state right now :)

Some bloggers have been mentioning 'Blogger's Block' lately and I guess I'm jumping onto that bandwagon as well. For what seems like months now, I've just got quite a bit roaming around this mind of mine and I'm not really sure of how to get it all out on this monitor. I know I don't suffer from a seasonal change disorder but this time of year just holds a lot of memories for me, quite a bit of hope & dreams all tied up neatly with some angst. So, I'm just thinking through a bit o'stuff but am so grooving on reading your blogs...I may not always comment, oh, but I'm reading.

Have a fabu Tuesday...my grandfather would have been 104 years old today if he'd lived this long. Wow. Take care ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home