Friday, September 02, 2005

No, it's not...it can't be

SEPTEMBER 2nd? Friday, no less? This week has been such a blur...I've barely been able to read my fav blogs this week, let alone comment on them! At work it's THE season for tenants moving out, moving in, moving all about...I feel a song coming on that I will repress.
Then I've got my sister's wedding fast approaching, my niece asked me to help with hers - go HERE and get a load of where she's getting hitched in June (anyone wanna come with me as my date?) and our Sunday School season is about to kick off at church. I've 'signed up' as our church's children's ministry director for this year to help give a little more structure to their already great ministry and I need to put some real work into it...this summer was wonderful but September's here and it's time to get down to business! :)
I'm leaving work early today (yippee!) to head to Maine once again. **in no way was that a complaint! I'm so excited to head up there again...not only to 'be home' but to throw my sister a miniBridal shower on Sunday. She has no idea, thinks we're just having brunch with her future mother & sister-in-laws to 'get to know them'...it should be very, very fun!
I'll leave you with a quick story about said MIL - R, my sister's fiance, has 'warned us' about his mom. "She's a little odd," was one thing he'd mentioned...he'd go on at other times about how she says ANYTHING that comes to mind - don't you love those people in your life that seemingly don't posess what I like to call 'The Tact Filter'?
Anywho...my sister is meeting her future MIL for the first time and things go fairly well - the MIL says some disparaging things about one of my aunts but my sis lets it roll...they're about to leave when the MIL leans over and asks my sister if she likes this certain Irish singer (can't remember his name right now - he's on PBS all the time). MIL hands my sister a CD of his and SAYS TO HER, "Maybe R will make love to you if you play this CD."
Oh joy. I really don't know what to say about that. Yikes.
I could be SO cheesy here and ask what you like playing when you....but,ah, NO.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend and I'll be back next week to blog about Maine weekend bliss. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great time!! yes, the tact filter, always a good thing to have and an obvious thing when someone doesn't have it!!

3:33 PM  
Blogger L said...

Wow, being a children's ministry director is hard work - good for you! The place your sister is getting married looks so beautiful. And I totally understand the 'no tact' thing - my grandmother is the queen of saying what's on her mind - but I love that about her (MOST of the time).

4:12 PM  
Blogger jac said...

I play an African voodoo song.

2:07 AM  
Blogger K. said...

The "Tact Filter". I really like that term! I wonder what it must be like to be the sort of person that speaks without thinking?

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home