Friday, September 02, 2005

You'd cry too...

Just finished watching the NBC 'Concert for Hurricane Relief'...then 'Dateline' show to follow. I will refrain from commenting on Kayne West's commentary (it must have been PRETTY tense on that set after his speech - he wasn't around for the final number, I'm sure he was calling his business manager tossing those numbers around...) and I still can't get my mind around what is going on. I would have mentioned it in the earlier post from today but every time I truly stop and think about the devastation down along the Gulf coast, I can't help but cry.
It's more than the material destruction, obviously. The emotion is somewhat familar...on 9/11 there were those times when my thoughts about the pain and hurt people must have been feeling - those thought just suspended in midair...how do you go on? When I see people walking down a highway that's practically deserted...trying to get out of New Orleans...my thoughts almost tangibly enter the air about me and hang there...WHAT are these people going to do?
Yes, I pray...pray that those babies are finally getting the water they need - let alone the nutrition, clean diapers, to be with their whole family. My prayer is for each family ...families torn apart by Katrina and her aftermath, families still seeking...
My family sat around watching the concert tonight...then I heard it. My dad gasped at one particular shot of how completely wiped out Gulfport is and then it happened...he started to cry. Believe me, seeing my wonderful father well up and letting the tears roll down his cheeks; you'd cry, too.

***We are keeping you in our prayers, all those trying to cope with the impact of Katrina - we won't forget you either***

6 Comments:

Blogger jac said...

I do cry really when I am sad. But no body will see it, in my room with the doors intact.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Pink Sun Drops said...

I hear you and I'm praying with you.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.

My thoughts and prayers are also with everyone effected by this.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying over here too

1:46 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

hi, just wanted you to know I haven't fogotten about you... I have been sumo busy lately.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home